One Tree Guild Community and One Tree Guild Ltd.
The Fine Print and Details
Effective January 1, 2009 – Revised March 11, 2015
Classes, Trainings, Workshops and Events Policy
• To avoid an offering being cancelled due to low enrollment it is recommended to register at least two weeks prior to the starting date.
• Advance registration including full payment is required for all activities.
• Payment may be made by check or online by credit card.
• Registration forms may be sent by USPS or email.
• Written confirmation of the receipt of your registration will be sent to the address appearing on the registration form.
• It is recommended that you confirm the offering will be held before making travel plans.
• Walk-in registrations the day of an offering normally cannot be accommodated.
Cancellation by registrant
• Fees for classes, trainings, workshops and special events are non-refundable.
• Cancellation requests must be made in writing.
• A 20% of class fee or $35.00 minimum processing/administrative fee applies for each cancellation; the remaining funds may be applied towards another offering.
• Cost of materials/manuals/shipping provided in advance of training will be deducted in addition to processing/administrative fees.
• Cancellation policies may vary for fee free activities, offerings that are privately sponsored, specialized or limited in the number of participants. See individual registration forms or call for specifics.
• Fees for classes, trainings, workshops and special events are non-refundable.
• No refunds will be made for absences (no show) or incomplete attendance by a registrant.
Change of location
• One Tree Guild reserves the right to change the location of any offering.
• In the event that this happens the registrant will be notified of the new location.
Insufficient enrollment cancellation
• Should a scheduled event be cancelled due to low enrollment registrant may transfer to another scheduled offering or opt to have fees refunded.
• Refunds for insufficient enrollment cancellation will be issued in the same manner as payment received.
• Registrants will be notified at least 48 hours in advance of the cancellation.
• In the event of inclement weather, the decision to cancel an offering will be made.
• If a cancellation is made due to a last minute weather emergency every effort will be made to contact registrants at the home/cell phone contact number.
Special Accommodations Policy
• One Tree Guild will provide reasonable accommodation for persons with special needs if notified at least two weeks in advance.
• Prospective registrants should call to discuss their special needs request prior to registering.
Cancellation by One Tree Guild
• One Tree Guild reserves the right to cancel an offering at any time with reasonable notice given to all registrants.
• If a program is cancelled, refunds will be paid in full or you may reschedule attendance in the next available offering.
• In the event of a cancellation, One Tree Guild is not responsible for non-refundable airfares, other airfare penalties, or travel charges you may incur.
OneTreeGuild.com is committed to protecting your privacy.
Collection of Information
• OneTreeGuild.com (we) collect personal information that you voluntarily submit when you register on our web site, register for a workshop or event, use our products or services, or complete online forms or surveys while on our site.
• This information may include your name, contact information (including address, email and telephone number) as well as other information relevant to your participation in a workshop or event.
Use of Information
• We use information for the following general purposes: to fulfill registrations, orders and requests for services; improve our services; communications with you.
• We will continue to retain your information unless notified by you to cease maintaining it.
Sharing of information
• We do not rent, sell or share personal information with third parties, except as required by law.
• We may transfer or receive information about you in connection with a possible sale, merger or other reorganization of a business.
Security of Information
• We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information in our possession.
• Due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee transmission of data over the Internet will be completely secure.
Links to External Sites
• OneTreeGuild.com may contain links to external web sites not maintained by us.
• We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies and/or information collection practices of other sites.
• We do not market our services to individuals under eighteen years of age, nor do we intend to collect information from minors and request that minors do not submit personal information to this site.
1 - Acceptance of Agreement
2 - Copyright
The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 4 below, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Some of the content on the site is the copyrighted work of third parties.
3 - Service Marks
“OneTreeGuild.com”, “One Tree Guild Community” and others are our service marks or trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned on the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
4 - Limited License - Permitted Uses
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license (a) to access and use the Site strictly in accordance with this Agreement; (b) to use the Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes; and (c) to print out discrete information from the Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes and provided that you maintain all copyright and other policies contained therein. No print out or electronic version of any part of the Site or its contents may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
5 - Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use
6 - Forms, Agreements & Documents
We may make available through the Site forms, checklists, and business related documents (collectively, “Documents”). All Documents are provided on a non-exclusive license basis only for your personal one-time use for non-commercial purposes, without any right to re-license, sublicense, distribute, assign or transfer such license. Documents are provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to their suitability, legal effect, completeness, currentness, accuracy, and/or appropriateness.
7 - No Medical or Legal Advice
Information contained on or made available through the Site is not intended to and does not constitute medical or legal advice, under any circumstance. We do not warrant or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk.
8 - Linking to the Site
You may provide links to the Site, provided (a) that you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other notices on the Site, (b) your site does not engage in illegal or pornographic activities, and (c) you discontinue providing links to the Site immediately upon request by us.
9 - Advertisers
The Site may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality or any error, inaccuracy or problem in the advertiser’s or sponsor’s materials.
10 - Registration/Purchase
Certain sections of, or offerings from, the Site may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete registration and/or purchase information. Your registration must be done using accurate information. Each registration is for your personal use only. We do not permit (a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or (b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use.
11 - Errors, Corrections and Changes
We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. We do not represent or warrant that the information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, timely or otherwise reliable. We may make changes to the features, functionality or content of the Site at any time. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
12 - Third Party Content
Third party content may appear on the Site or may be accessible via links from the Site. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
13 - Unlawful Activity
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
14 - Indemnification
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third party suppliers of information and documents, advertisers, product and service providers, and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
15 - Nontransferable
Your right to use the Site is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable or assignable.
16 - Disclaimer
The information, content and documents from or through the site are provided “as-is,” “as available,” with “all faults,” and all warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed (including but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). The information and services may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations. We and our affiliated parties have no liability whatsoever for your use of any information or service, except as provided in section 17(b). In particular, but not as a limitation thereof, we and our affiliated parties are not liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. The negation and limitation of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between us and you. This site and the products, services, documents and information presented would not be provided without such limitations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us through the site or otherwise shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this agreement.
All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic file containing a form or document is disclaimed.
17 - Limitation of Liability
(a) We and any Affiliated Party shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (1) any errors in or omissions from the Site or any services or products obtainable therefrom, (2) the unavailability or interruption of the Site or any features thereof, (3) your use of the Site, (4) the content contained on the Site, or (5) any delay or failure in performance beyond the control of a Covered Party.
(b)(1) the aggregate liability of us and the affiliated parties in connection with any claim arising out of or relating to the site and/or the products, information, documents and services provided herein or hereby shall not exceed $100 and that amount shall be in lieu of all other remedies which you may have against us and any affiliated party.
18 - Use of Information
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, OneTreeGuild.com does not accept registrations from those under 13 years of age. By registering with OneTreeGuild.com, you represent that you are at least 13 years old.
19 - Third-Party Services
We may allow access to or advertise certain third-party product or service providers (“Merchants”) from which you may purchase certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. You agree that use of or purchase from such Merchants is at your sole risk and is without warranties of any kind by us, expressed, implied or otherwise including warranties of title, fitness for purpose, merchantability or non-infringement. Under no circumstances are we liable for any damages arising from the transactions between you and merchants or for any information appearing on merchant sites or any other site linked to our site.
20 - Third-Party Merchant Policies
All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on any Merchant sites. We are not responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. We and the Merchants are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
22 - Payments
You represent and warrant that if you are purchasing something from us or from Merchants that (i) any credit information you supply is true and complete, (ii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iii) you will pay the charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including any applicable taxes.
23 - Links to other Web Sites
The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web sites, and such Web sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
24 - Copyrights and Copyright Agents
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
a. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
b. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
c. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
d. Your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached by mail: Copyright Agent, One Tree Guild Ltd, 8795 Ralston Road, Suite 112, Arvada, Colorado 80002-2353
25 - Information and Press Releases
The Site contains information and press releases about us. We disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
26 - Legal Compliance
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Site and the Content and Materials provided therein.
27 - Miscellaneous
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Arvada, Colorado, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information, Documents, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 16 and Section 17. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. Any rule of construction to the effect that ambiguities are to be resolved against the drafting party shall not apply in interpreting this Agreement. This Agreement and all incorporated agreements and your information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party in the event of an acquisition, sale or merger. If any provision of this agreement is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be replaced, to the extent possible, with a legal, valid, and unenforceable provision that is similar in tenor to the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision as is legally possible. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement. The title, headings and captions of this Agreement are provided for convenience only and shall have no effect on the construction of the terms of this agreement.
28 - Arbitration
Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or our services, excluding legal action taken by us relating to Site operations and/or intellectual property, shall be settled solely by confidential binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in Arvada, Colorado. Each party shall bear its own attorneys’ fees. Each party shall bear one-half of the arbitration fees and costs incurred.
29 - Termination
You agree that One Tree Guild Community, in its sole discretion, may terminate your membership, and remove and discard any content that you have posted on the Site, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if One Tree Guild Community, in its sole opinion, believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement or that you are a repeat infringer of intellectual property rights. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that One Tree Guild Community may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Site. Further, you agree that One Tree Guild Community shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Site.